Department: Brookfield Global Relocation Services
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reporting To: Director, Winnipeg Service Centre
• Office Supervision – Ensure team’s duties are carried out professionally; professional relocation guidance, transferee advances and claims are paid out accurately and in a timely manner while respecting contractual obligations and service level agreements. Resolve problems and potential issues with Government Relocation Coordinators and Reviewers, suppliers, other teams and Departments. Assist team members in preventing errors or clarifying misunderstandings with all stakeholders.
• Policies and Procedures - Ensure that Brookfield Global Relocation Services’ internal policies and procedures are implemented and applied at the team level. Assist team with identifying tasks and resources required and implement procedures and processes as defined by the AWIs. Be proactive in offering solutions and recommendations to resolve issues and improve processes.
• People Management – Interacts daily with employees and ensures that all team members understand their expectations as well as team members’ role and their importance to the program. Manage the recruitment process, interview and select candidates for vacant positions and ensure training is provided, understood and applied. Identify any potential problems within the team regarding job performance, personality conflicts, team spirit and morale, and be pro-active in preventing disruption to productivity. Approve leave of absence and vacation and personal day requests to ensure sufficient office coverage to effectively manage workloads. Conduct midyear and annual reviews and establish annual goals with staff members. Ensure continuous feedback and guidance is provided to the staff. Liaise with regional government coordinators.
• Quality Assurance and Reporting - Gather statistical data for weekly, monthly and annual reports as requested by Director, Winnipeg Service Centre and QSS. Make sure Director is aware of any and all issues with staff and/or Transferees and Clients. Perform quality assurance checks on employees’ work including regular job shadowing and assigned files taking appropriate corrective and preventive measures if required.
• Professional, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Superior customer service skills, understands the importance of diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Self-starter, demonstrates initiative and strong organizational skills.
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead staff.
• Capable of managing stress and taking decisions under pressure.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Bilingualism is an asset for the RCMP team, mandatory for the IA and NJC teams.
• Minimum two years people management experience within the last five years.
• Background in relocation, residential real estate, residential mortgages, legal or banking is an asset.
• Bachelors Degree / College Degree.
• Computer proficiency in a Windows environment.
• Requires Reliability Status Security Clearance granted by CIISD, PWGSC and RCMP; the security clearance application will be facilitated via the Brookfield GRS Company Security Officer (CSO).